Designing t-shirt by yourself is an interesting thing to do and can actually be a business opportunity. However, it is not as easy as it may seems. There are a lot of things to consider before creating your own custom t shirt. In this article, we will provide some information of things you need to consider in designing your own t-shirt.
You can read the explanation of each suggestion on the list below:
- Use the right colors: choosing colors for your t-shirt can be both as the easiest and hardest part of t-shirt designing. For a better result, it is suggested to use complementary colors. You can turn your Global Colors on if you are designing your t-shirt using Adobe Illustrator. This mode is truly your life safer. It will also save more time to choose the color.
- Prepare the artwork properly: when you finally do the screen printing, make sure to use the Pantone Colors mode. The printer will give a better result with this mode. Make sure you also expand strokes and outline the text on your design. If you are not sure on how to do those stuffs, look for a tutorial based on the software you use to create your custom t-shirt.
- Use a recommended printer: the printer you use will determine how good your t-shirt quality will be. You can try the nearest printing company from your place or use some trusted printing company in your country. The labeling options, sizes, and weight will affect the final cost and the end result. Take your time to decide it.
- Get yourself educated: understanding pop cultures, trends, and other social phenomenon will give you a lot of inspiration in creating your t-shirt. This is very important for any designer who wish to commercialize their design to certain group of people so that the product will be well-received.
- Keep yourself updated: make sure to follow the latest trend in the fashion industry, or society in general, so you can create a t-shirt that will appeal the mass. Even so, do not copy the current trending design. Use it as an idea, and modify it to make it your own.
The list above already explain some things you need to understand before jumping to the t shirt printing industry. You need to be ahead from everyone and willing to learn continuously to make sure your design will constantly appeal the mass.